Walk Around the Wor...

Walk Around the World Personalized Bricks Near Magic Kingdom to be Removed  

RSS

WillAustin
(@admin)
Member Admin
19/03/2019 4:39 pm  
wpf-cross-image

Countdown until we see the "Man Arrested for Stealing Family Brick from Disney's Walk Around the World."

I think I'd go chisel mine out myself.

From WDW News Today:

"The bricks, part of “Disney’s Walk Around the World,” were committed to be on display until 2011. Since the bricks were not designed to be removed individually, they will not be available to take home. Instead, anyone who sponsored a brick may purchase a commemorative version between now and Aug. 31, 2019."

Read the original story here.

This topic was modified 5 months ago 3 times by WillAustin

Grimley1968
(@grimley1968)
20/03/2019 2:39 pm  

I've never understood the appeal of things like this and the Leave a Legacy tiles at EPCOT. People should realize that no matter how "permanent" they think things are or even promised by Disney, it's not. It's a much better, and usually more permanent, thing to make a donation to some local group or cause in exchange for a plaque with their name on it (chairs at school sports complexes to raise money for the teams, extra large bond purchase for a municipal building, hospital wing, etc.) than to have their name engraved in exchange for a little more money for Disney. JMO

ReplyQuote
WillAustin
(@admin)
Member Admin
20/03/2019 11:17 pm  

I could see doing it to commemorate an amazing family trip. It could be a fun thing to see many years later.

ReplyQuote
Share: