EMH deception

Discuss touring plans and strategies for the Disney / Universal / All Other parks on this board.

EMH deception

Postby bcrook » Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 am

OK - I need some help.

I am joining my cousin, his wife, three teens. They are staying at Old Key West in a 5 person villa. They are staying for 14 days. The teens have 10 day tickets.I am arriving week two. The kids will have to stay out of the parks for 4 out 14 days. I have an AP.

Question: If I am in Animal Kingdom at 11:00 pm on my AP. EMH for Pandora are from 11pm - 1am. Do you think I will be able to use Wyatt's (18 year old teen) magic band to ride the two rides or get into Pandora? Have they become sophisticated enough to figure that out? Or does it have be registered as entering the park?
- Barry
bcrook

Re: EMH deception

Postby Toulouse » Sun May 14, 2017 9:33 am

bcrook wrote:OK - I need some help.

I am joining my cousin, his wife, three teens. They are staying at Old Key West in a 5 person villa. They are staying for 14 days. The teens have 10 day tickets.I am arriving week two. The kids will have to stay out of the parks for 4 out 14 days. I have an AP.

Question: If I am in Animal Kingdom at 11:00 pm on my AP. EMH for Pandora are from 11pm - 1am. Do you think I will be able to use Wyatt's (18 year old teen) magic band to ride the two rides or get into Pandora? Have they become sophisticated enough to figure that out? Or does it have be registered as entering the park?

Wyatt will only be able to book for the number of days he has tickets for. If he wants to let you use one of his 10 days, you should be ok. The band does not have to have been used (yet) for park entry for you to use the FP entitlements.
Toulouse

Postby bcrook » Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 am

Toulouse wrote:

Wyatt will only be able to book for the number of days he has tickets for. If he wants to let you use one of his 10 days, you should be ok. The band does not have to have been used (yet) for park entry for you to use the FP entitlements.

I understand the FP+ issue. I just want to use his band to get on the Pandora EMH rides. The fact that the bands don't need to be used for park entry - is what I was hoping for. On the days that Wyatt can't go in the park --- Barry can use the band for EMH.
- Barry
bcrook

Postby Toulouse » Sun May 14, 2017 10:09 am

bcrook wrote:
Toulouse wrote:

I understand the FP+ issue. I just want to use his band to get on the Pandora EMH rides. The fact that the bands don't need to be used for park entry - is what I was hoping for. On the days that Wyatt can't go in the park --- Barry can use the band for EMH.

Ah, got it! I don't think I have seen anyone post about that particular detail, but I'd do it. I bet it works.
Toulouse

Postby Babelfish » Mon May 15, 2017 10:09 am

Yes, it should work.

For some reason, after the move to Magicbands, they haven't restored the park entry requirement to access FPs.

Let's hope it stays that way.
The Test Track® All Stars perform different songs in each show, so be sure to stop by for more than one show!
Babelfish

Postby Violet3000 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm

This is only marginally related to the topic but it made me think of this... I have an ap and a crap ton of magic bands. Last time I went to wdw I had someone with us who had a regular 6 day ticket. Everytime we went through the entrance, she kept getting a blue ring. After the cms looked the ipad over they'd let her in. Every fp she tried to do she got the blue ring. Cms would let her go after checking their systems. Finally one day I had the blue ring... And then I realized she had entered before me this one time. So basically I realized she was using a magic band assigned to my ap, and technically had been getting in using my ticket. We both were. She wanted to keep doing this but I morally couldn't handle that and finally got her the right band lol.

Anyway that's my story of how frickin amazing and broken these bands can be.
Violet3000

Postby Toulouse » Tue May 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Violet3000 wrote:This is only marginally related to the topic but it made me think of this... I have an ap and a crap ton of magic bands. Last time I went to wdw I had someone with us who had a regular 6 day ticket. Everytime we went through the entrance, she kept getting a blue ring. After the cms looked the ipad over they'd let her in. Every fp she tried to do she got the blue ring. Cms would let her go after checking their systems. Finally one day I had the blue ring... And then I realized she had entered before me this one time. So basically I realized she was using a magic band assigned to my ap, and technically had been getting in using my ticket. We both were. She wanted to keep doing this but I morally couldn't handle that and finally got her the right band lol.

That's funny. I'll give you a buck if you start a thread on the DIS promoting that as a new park touring strategy! :lol:
Toulouse

Postby bcrook » Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 am

Violet3000 wrote:This is only marginally related to the topic but it made me think of this... I have an ap and a crap ton of magic bands. Last time I went to wdw I had someone with us who had a regular 6 day ticket. Everytime we went through the entrance, she kept getting a blue ring. After the cms looked the ipad over they'd let her in. Every fp she tried to do she got the blue ring. Cms would let her go after checking their systems. Finally one day I had the blue ring... And then I realized she had entered before me this one time. So basically I realized she was using a magic band assigned to my ap, and technically had been getting in using my ticket. We both were. She wanted to keep doing this but I morally couldn't handle that and finally got her the right band lol.

Whoa! I wonder if I could just use one of my cousins extramagic bands who will be in the park with me, rather Wyatts who won't be in the park to get into emh?
- Barry
bcrook

Postby Violet3000 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Toulouse wrote:

That's funny. I'll give you a buck if you start a thread on the DIS promoting that as a new park touring strategy! :lol:

Oh man I wonder how long the thread would stay up? How fast I'd get banned again hahaha.
Violet3000

Return to PARKS: Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies